[OpenSIPS-Users] Sily question: Auto-Indentation

Matti Zemack Matti.Zemack at rtcfactory.com
Wed Jun 17 09:52:36 CEST 2009

Brett,

You're absolutely right. 10.000 lines of config sounds unreadable.

My code is around 1000-2000 lines per config. And then there are a few
different configs for different systems. All in all around 10.000 lines.
In the future I'll try to boil these down to ONE config (fits all).

My code is working quite fine (good enough) actually. Sure I could do
some shortcuts here and there.

Basically I was handed a few systems using SER_0.9.0 and SER_1.0. They
wanted to move on up into OpenSIPS_1.4, and I forced them to 1.5. And it
has been a good few months learning about OpenSIPS. Before I've only
handled Asterisk. OpenSIPS was a happy surprise in my life.

Sure, I've been moaning about the syntax sometimes. All the different
types of variables. No way of debugging except tons and tons of xlog's.
Others example configs... But now, I quite like and enjoy it! Thanks to
all who made (and documented) OpenSIPS.

Hopefully this summer I will have some free time when I could write all
my notes "New to OpenSIPS" into actual readable text, with examples. So
that other newbies have something to work from.

Thanks again,

Matti Zemack, Stockholm, Sweden