[OpenSIPS-Users] LDAP Authentication

Alan Rubin Alan.Rubin at nt.gov.au
Mon Jun 15 06:08:15 CEST 2009

Hello,

I've gathered from web searches that it IS possible to authenticate to
an OpenSER system using an LDAP database. Is this also true for OpenSIPS
(1.5)?

Does anyone have a tutorial for configuring such a setup? I found one
for Kamailio, but it doesn't appear to be identical to my version of
OpenSIPS (or there are typos of significance in the tutorial).

Also important, can this authentication be done with existing LDAP
credentials or does there have to be specific SIP information inside the
LDAP database for the authentication to work? The requirement of
additional values in the LDAP space is also indicated by the example in
the tutorial for Kamailio that I found
(http://kamailio.org/dokuwiki/doku.php/tutorials:openser-auth-ldap), but
I am unable to add SIP specific information in my instance. There is,
however, already UID and password information contained within.

Regards,

Alan Rubin