[OpenSIPS-Users] [OT] SIP ALG Detector released

Adrian Georgescu ag at ag-projects.com
Sun Jun 14 11:33:19 CEST 2009

Hi Inaki,

This tool is very useful, as it can automatically detect the problem
and can save a lot of time for detection.

This SIP ALG phenomena is however a plague.

I do not know any situation when this works or when somebody would
really want to use it. All the efforts of the SIP service providers I
know of are directed into disabling them altogether while router
manufacturares are in frenzy to tick another checkbox on their
packaging 'SIP enabled'. These manufacturers spend without any
analysis whatsoever their 8 hour budget on the issue and then move
casually forward leaving havoc behind them.

The only way to eradicate this plague is to move towards the use of
TLS as a standard transport in SIP. With the new design this will be
feasible.

Regards,
Adrian