[OpenSIPS-Users] [OT] SIP ALG Detector released

kokoska rokoska kokoska.rokoska at post.cz
Sun Jun 14 10:34:04 CEST 2009

Iñaki Baz Castillo napsal(a):
> El Domingo, 14 de Junio de 2009, Brett Nemeroff escribió:
>> Neat! Great Idea. I hate ALGs. BTW, Does anyone know of an ALG that
>> actually works?
>
> The only SIP ALG router working *well* I've ever seen is a Cisco (don't know
> which model).
> However, even if it doesn't break SIP, it overloads the own CPU router when
> there is high SIP traffic and stop working (a restart is required).

CISCO ASA 5005, about 400 SIP users behind its NAT (all registered),
approx. 20-100 concurent calls => once (or, sometimes, twice) a week
router died and should be restarted (sometimes helped just clearing nat
table).
Turning off SIP ALG (I spent about month to argue admin into its really
needed) solve the problems...

Best regards,

kokoska.rokoska