[OpenSIPS-Users] Mysql stored proc

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Thu Jun 11 10:28:02 CEST 2009

Saúl Ibarra wrote:
>> Each OpenSIPS process opens at startup a mysql connection and it keeps it
>> open till the shutdown - so the connection is persistent at runtime. Of
>> course, a conection can be re-established at runtime if some connection lost
>> event happens (timesout etc).
>>

> That's good to know :) But don't you think it's a bit risky to rely on
> temporary tables in this case? If by any chance the connection is lost
> strange things ca start to happen :-O ? I'd go for memcache ;)

well, opensips takes care of its internal DB stuff (like re-init the
prepared statements after a reconnect), but for other things you do by
yourself from script, you need to take care by yourself :)

But yes, the memcache is a good option :). especially that we are
working on interfacing the memcache interface with the memcached daemon ;)