[OpenSIPS-Users] Getting Error ImportError: No module named web2 for openxcap

Cao Lei-MNW784 lei.cao at motorola.com
Tue Jun 9 10:25:53 CEST 2009

Well, I hope you have fixed this problem.
As I couldn't find any solution in this mailing list, I like to share
how I solved the same problem in my CentOS:
The required packages from OpenXcap homepage are:

Twisted framework
Twisted Core, Twisted Web and Twisted Web 2

At http://twistedmatrix.com <http://twistedmatrix.com/> , I didn't know
which package refers to the "framework".
So, I installed "Twisted", "Twisted Core", Web and Web2

After many rounds of tries (all the combination of packages and even an
earlier release), I figured out that it's the "Twisted" causing the
problem.
So, I just re-installed everything except "Twisted"

To test whether this works:
Enter python with following steps to make sure web2 is installed
correctly:

# python
>>> help()
help> twisted          <------------ check web2(package) is in the list
help> twisted.web2  <----------- check responsecode is in the list

Also, can create a test.py containing just one line "from twisted.web2
import responsecode"

run: 'python test.py'

Thanks & Regards
Cao, Charles