[OpenSIPS-Users] Load balancing with fiture Bogdans mod, or how do i handle that call my way ?

Grygoriy Dobrovolskyy g.dobrovolskyy at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 16:17:04 CEST 2009

Good day everyone, i would like some advice & help for my unusial setup,
Bogdan Andrei helped me with very valuable advices, but i am not sure if i
understand all at Sip dialog level, so here is my story:

Incoming>>opensips>>Dispatcher>>6 call centers.
What i would like to do:

Incoming>>opensips>>Load balancer>>6 call centers.
Note: Bogdan told me that he will implement the feature of equal
distribution i.e :
We have 2 call centers, one with 20 agents another with 10 so at 50% load we
will have 10 calls at first and 5 at second. So Lets imagine that it is in
place.

The quantity of agents will be updated from asterisk to opensips
database(resources) every 10 min.

The problem kick in when i have no more resources left, when all agents are
occupied i need to imagine a way to Queue all incoming calls, and when a
resource frees pass first in line to that resource(agent)

Bogdan told me that it is possible to do during early stage, something like:

Incoming calls >>>>> "INVITE" opensips
Incoming calls <<<<< 183 "Session in Progress" opensips
And well after i dont know :) In theory opensips need to pass a call to
someone who will generate the music on hold and get it back when resource is
free and distribute accordinly, and keep order(first in line get resource
first) But how ?

Can someone explain me at dialog level ?
What should i use to keep call in line ?
Maybe it is impossible at all ?

Thank you for your time.