[OpenSIPS-Users] [OpenSIPS-Devel] [NEW] Virtual DB module

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Fri Jul 31 19:50:29 CEST 2009

On Friday 31 July 2009, Razvan Pistolea wrote:

> Hi Dan
> Hi Thomas
>

> Thank you for your interest in my module and associated db dilemmas &
shortcomings.

> As you have pointed out:
> - there is not much that can be done NOW without db transaction support.
> - db virtual module is a simple (hopefully helpful) wrapper.

It can certainly be very useful for read operations, assuming the databases
are synchronized. Write operations are the ones that are problematic and it's
not something I expect such a module to solve by itself because the solution
doesn't belong to this realm. Even with transaction support there are still
issues that are not solved when writing. Distributed databases are a hard
problem. My only intention was to highlight the potential issues so that there
are no illusions about what can be done right now, even with this new module.

--
Dan