[OpenSIPS-Users] [NEW] SDP codec manipulation feature

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Tue Jul 28 22:51:35 CEST 2009

El Martes, 28 de Julio de 2009, Adrian Georgescu escribió:
> Inaki,
>
> Why do you complain about having features in a software that you did
> not write just because you do not see a personally use in them?

Adrian, I don't complain, please don't misunderstand me.

I just say that many new features are implemented on top of the proxy layer
when *theorically* they should take place at other level (real B2BUA).

And by chance, I've seen various critical bugs related to the base of these
features (memory overflow in nathelper module if Content-Length is different
than real body size, various segmentfauls related to non proper cheking in
dialog module as when the mirrored Record-Route comes empty...).

Also, as I explained, these new features are limited (dialog module and
parallel forking or PRACK, SDP mangling and multipart or encrypted body...).
However, I don't consider limited the rest of OpenSIPS features (when it
behaves as a pure SIP proxy, registrar or presence server), coincidence?

That's the only I comment, I don't complain, really. As I said, if the new
features work, welcome.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc at aliax.net>