[OpenSIPS-Users] [NEW] SDP codec manipulation feature

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Tue Jul 28 16:51:15 CEST 2009

Olle E. Johansson wrote:

> As far as I know, there's no way in SIP you can determine what codec
> actually was used if the offer/answer resultet in multiple codecs.

I was just going to say that.  Even if you mimic the exact algorithm
used by the offer and answer side, since there is no knowledge of their
intrinsic codec capability set, there's no way to know what the decision
rendered ultimately is.

> Also note that during a call, the codec may change.

By means other than re-INVITEs? (Which can also be inspected for SDP.)

--
Alex Balashov
Evariste Systems