[OpenSIPS-Users] Upgrade version problems in a production system (mediaproxy)

Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana rabs at dimension-virtual.com
Fri Jul 24 18:13:14 CEST 2009

On Friday 24 July 2009 16:49:40 Adrian Georgescu wrote:
> Carlo,
>
> We use only Debian development branch both for the development of our
> software and for our deployments. If you use Debian unstable you are
> the safest as we are testing and using our packages only this
> environment.
>
> While the name 'stable' brings some confidence for the inexperienced,
> in practice when it comes to bleeding edge developments like we do,
> the stable version can become obsolete fast and you could be stuck by
> running it because of the dependencies that do not make it to the
> stable branch as soon as we develop our software. When things do not
> work you will hear the same story "your distribution is too old" to
> run this software.
>
> So the most stable distribution is unstable.

That's too wilde Adrian !!! ... and abosolut wrong, I don't agree at all.

All the systems I run/install run Debian stable, and if I need some blending
edge soft I backport it to stable.

Backporting mediaproxy it's a very simple task,  as it's a "very simple"
dependency software.

--
Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana
Dimensión Virtual