[OpenSIPS-Users] fr_inv_timer: description in the documentation is misleading

Andrew Pogrebennyk andrew.pogrebennyk at portaone.com
Mon Jul 20 19:52:28 CEST 2009

Hi,

 From http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/1.5.x/tm.html#id228479:

fr_inv_timer (integer)

Timer which hits if no final reply for an INVITE arrives after a
provisional message was received (in seconds). This timer is started
after the first provisional response. Thus, fast failover (no 100 trying
from gateway) can be achieved by setting fr_timer to low values. See
example below

Isn't there a contradiction between 2nd and 3rd sentences? If the timer
is really started after the first provisional response (e.g. 100), it
can't affect the time we wait for the receipt of 100 from the gateway.
Of course source code will clarify this for me, but I just want to point
out this mismatch. Thanks!

--
Sincerely,
Andrew Pogrebennyk