[OpenSIPS-Users] unix odbc problem

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Mon Jul 20 13:01:04 CEST 2009

2009/7/20 ASHWINI NAIDU <ashwini.naidu at gmail.com>:
> That i have done
>
> but when i start opensips i get the following error. Can you tell me the
> reason for the error
>
> Jul 21 02:50:24 [2677] ERROR:db_mysql:db_mysql_connect: driver error(2002):
> Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
> '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)

*Obviously* you haven't configured properly the connection data for
db_mysql modulea and it's trying to connect to the default database
("localhost").
Please, *read* the doc (and configuration parameters) for db_mysql,
registrar, location modules... (any module using MySQL must be
configured).

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc at aliax.net>