[OpenSIPS-Users] Regarding implementing presence

Srikanth Rajagopalan srikanth_r17 at yahoo.co.in
Fri Jul 17 00:52:49 CEST 2009

Hi,

I first used opensiops to implement a sip server without any presence capabilities. Now I needed to add presence.

My clients are implemented using Pjsip. I try to subscribing to one another and they turn out successful. But when I check out the database I dont see any entry in the active_watchers table or watchers table.

In the log file I saw the error

Can't Connect to local mysql server through socket /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock

I think this might be because of maybe the changes I made to the config file while trying to enable presence

These are the changes I made

Uncommented out the 2 loadmodule lines

Uncommented the 3 modparam lines related to presence

In the modparam line with db_url I changed the url to  "mysql://opensips:opensipsrw@localhost:mysql/opensips"

Removed the lones related to presence from the exclude modules in Makefile

Finally I made it using include_modules including all presence related modules

Also, next the clients tried to publish some info and I got the error message 503: service unavailable

But the other client still received Notify messages.

I am not sure if that was because of opensips or pjsip.

It would really be helpful if some one could guide me where I am wrong.

Thanks,
Srikanth Rajagopalan

      See the Web's breaking stories, chosen by people like you. Check out Yahoo! Buzz. http://in.buzz.yahoo.com/