[OpenSIPS-Users] Asterisk reinvite confuses Mediaproxy

Ruud Klaver ruud at ag-projects.com
Thu Jul 16 10:15:31 CEST 2009

Hi Jeff,

On 16 Jul 2009, at 00:37, Jeff Pyle wrote:

> We're interfacing this Opensips + Mediaproxy with an existing
> system.  We
> cannot change the existing system.  Eventually this system will
> contain
> NAT'ed clients, hence the Mediaproxy.  I didn't want to introduce
> NAT until
> everything was working properly without it.
>
> I'll try the use_media_proxy() method and see what happens.
>

> - Jeff
>

> On 7/12/09 5:28 AM, "Olle E. Johansson" <oej at edvina.net> wrote:
>
>> On a different note, why keep asterisk re-invites turned on if you
>> use
>> a media proxy in the call?
>> Re-invites are best used when no NAT or firewall support is needed,
>> and since you're using media proxy, it indicates to me that you might
>> not want to have re-invites turned on at all.
>>
>> /O

I've just been scrutinizing your SIP trace, as you still haven't
provided me with mediaproxy-relay debug output. What happens when the
SDP offerer comes with a new ip/port combination for a particular
stream is that mediaproxy allocates a new set of ports for this
internally. You can see that this happens by the fact that for the re-
invite, the RTP port in the modified SDP is different. This means that
both endpoints actually should start sending to a new destination as a
result of the re-INVITE exchange. If they do, the previous RTP
exchange and the next one can never actually "cross wires".

Now I'm not exactly sure what your problem is, as you said before it's
PSTN -> SIP phone that is giving you trouble, yet you've included a
trace which seems to be in the opposite direction. Again, please
include a media-relay log and describe what you are (not) hearing at
either endpoint.

Ruud Klaver
AG Projects