[OpenSIPS-Users] load_balance and 483 error.

David dave.nwk at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 20:30:46 CEST 2009

Hello,

I've been trying to configure opensips as a load balancer, but keep getting
a "483 looping" error. It seems the address is not being rewritten in the
INVITE.

Here's the setup:
client (sipp) > opensips (1.2.3.4) > asterisk (5.6.7.8)

I'm using the same config as in the load balancing tutorial on the opensips
site.

client says "INVITE sip:xxxxx at 1.2.3.4", then opensips repeats the same to
asterisk, rather than changing to "INVITE sip:xxxxx at 5.6.7.8"

The only way I've been able to complete a call is by setting rewritehost to
5.6.7.8.

load_balance selects the correct destination, and it's set in $du. How can
I rewrite the address so t_relay sends INVITE to 5.6.7.8 (or whatever address
load_balance picks), instead of looping to 1.2.3.4?

Thanks for any help!