[OpenSIPS-Users] XCAP table is just queried the first time

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Tue Jul 14 14:55:46 CEST 2009

2009/7/14 Anca Vamanu <anca at opensips.org>:
>> Hi Anca, imagine that OpenSIPS crashes or is properly restarted, but a
>> XCAP update is done during the meanwhile so OpenXCAP cannot send the MI
>> command.
>> In this case, the XCAP update would never be visible by the presence
>> agent.
>>
>> I think it's a too weak behaviour.
>>
>> If the MI command fail (cannot connect to OpenSIPS MI interface) will
>> OpenXCAP try again later? what about if opensips-mi-proxy is being used?
>>

> Hi Inaki,
>
> You are right. This scenarios won't work.

> For the first I would reevaluate the subscription statuses at startup.

Does "reevaluate" mean a change in the code of presence module? or do
you mean the need of a manual action before starting again opensips?

> For the second case where you assume
> that the  MI command might fail, there is no nice solution, but it would not
> change to querying the XCAP table each time a subscribe is received for
> this, because the whole purpose for the MI command was to avoid querying the
> table each time. Anyhow If observing that the opensips-mi-proxy did not
> function correctly for a period of time, the watchers table can be purged,
> and the authorizations will be reevaluated at the receipt of an initial
> SUBSCRIBE.

For this issue, perhaps the solution should be in XCAP server side.
For example, OpenXCAP could store in a table the failed MI updated and
try them periodically (after some expiration time).

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc at aliax.net>