[OpenSIPS-Users] OpenSIPS started looking for SRV records

Gordon Ross gr306 at ucs.cam.ac.uk
Thu Jul 9 17:10:56 CEST 2009

I built OpenSIPS 1.5.1 on a SLES 10 box and it basically worked. For various
reasons, I then re-built it on an Ubuntu 9.04 server box.

Since re-building it on the Ubuntu box, my X-Lite client registers fine, but
my SIP hard phone doesn't, giving me the error "Too many hops". Running a
wireshark on the Ubuntu box, I now see a load of DNS SRV/NAPTR requests.

I understand why these are being done, but I can't understand why the SLES10
box didn't do these.

I've looked at the configs, and I can't see anything different. (It doesn't
mean there isn't anything different, though ;-)  )

Any thoughts/suggestions ?

Thanks,

GTG