[OpenSIPS-Users] [XCAP] What does EyeBeam use XCAP for?

Adrian Georgescu ag at ag-projects.com
Thu Jul 9 15:38:45 CEST 2009

On Jul 9, 2009, at 3:33 PM, Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:

> 2009/7/9 Adrian Georgescu <ag at ag-projects.com>:
>>> This is really sad!
>>>

>> Do not worry. An alternative is on the way....
>
> Hummmm, where??? :)
>
> I'm starting rigth now with XCAP and it's a pain due to the lack of
> good client implementations. I'm really thinking about creating my own
> implementation (some script to publish, get and modify XCAP data
> following the RFC's...).

Such scripts already exist:

http://sipsimpleclient.com/wiki/SipTesting

You can use these scripts to publish notes, privacy, moods and device
availability to a presence agent and to manage the access lists for
those who want to access your published information.
sip_publish_presence - PUBLISH presence to a Presence Agent
sip_subscribe_presence - SUBSCRIBE to presence information
sip_subscribe_winfo - SUBSCRIBE to the watcher list on the Presence
Agent
sip_subscribe_rls - SUBSCRIBE to lists managed by a Resource List Server
xcap_pres_rules - Manage the content of the pres-rules XCAP document
xcap_rls_services - Manage the content of a RLS services XCAP document
xcapclient - Manage documents on an XCAP server
Adrian