[OpenSIPS-Users] Is opensips a front end to asterisk?

John Quick John.Quick at smartvox.co.uk
Wed Jul 8 15:05:58 CEST 2009

Hi Bogdan

Thanks for the info about running OpenSIPS behind NAT. I have to do some more work on the server that
is behind NAT (such as upgrade it to a later release) so I will try using the advertised_address and
see if it helps. Tell me please, will the advertised_address make any difference when using mediaproxy
for far-end NAT traversal? Is there an equivalent parameter in the mediaproxy? Or is it just best to
not use mediaproxy behind NAT?

I still say that I wouldn't choose to run OpenSIPS behind NAT if at all possible and especially if it
is required to do far-end NAT traversal, and from Brett's "world of pain" comment it seems I am not
alone in this opinion. It would also be much easier for a beginner to learn about OpenSIPS if they
didn't have to deal with the additional complication of near-end NAT.

As far as the original questions from lists at grounded.net, perhaps the problem is just that there are
too many of them in one post!

Regards
John