[OpenSIPS-Users] Database Authentication Problem

Nathaniel L Keeling keeling at akan-tech.com
Wed Jul 8 03:46:37 CEST 2009

I am having a problem with database authentication and would like some
help. I have everything setup for the database and have added a user.
The user was added using opensipsctl. The setting for the database is to
not use plain text passwords. If I add the password to the database
entry, the user will authenticate. I feel that there is a configuration
problem but don't know where. Here is the extract from my config file

/* uncomment the following lines if you want to enable the DB based
  authentication */

modparam("auth_db", "calculate_ha1", yes)
modparam("auth_db", "password_column", "password")
modparam("auth_db", "db_url",
       "postgres://opensips:opensipsrw@localhost/opensips")
modparam("auth_db", "load_credentials", "")

/* uncomment the following line if you want to enable multi-domain support
  in the modules (dafault off) */

modparam("alias_db|auth_db|usrloc|uri_db", "use_domain", 1)

 From opensipsctlrc and osipsconsolerc

## do (1) or don't (0) store plaintext passwords
## in the subscriber table - default '1'
STORE_PLAINTEXT_PW=0

Thanks

Nathaniel