[OpenSIPS-Users] Error using MySQL with opensips

anurag anurag.guru at agnity.com
Fri Jul 3 10:59:07 CEST 2009

Thanx Uwe,

I've modified opensipsctlrc for DB details as following:

=======================
DBENGINE=MYSQL

## database host
DBHOST=192.168.8.83

## database name (for ORACLE this is TNS name)
DBNAME=opensips

# database path used by dbtext or db_berkeley
# DB_PATH="/usr/local/etc/opensips/dbtext"

## database read/write user
DBRWUSER=opensips

## password for database read/write user
DBRWPW="opensipsrw"
=======================

However, now when I'm running "opensipsdbctl create" it is giving
access denied error:

=========================
[root at bplinux90 sbin]# ./opensipsdbctl create
MySQL password for root:
INFO: test server charset
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'bplinux90' (using
password: YES)
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'bplinux90' (using
password: YES)
Usage: grep [OPTION]... PATTERN [FILE]...
Try `grep --help' for more information.
/root/opensips/install/lib/opensips/opensipsctl/opensipsdbctl.mysql: line
114: [: =: unary operator expected
INFO: creating database opensips ...
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'bplinux90' (using
password: YES)
ERROR: Creating core database and grant privileges failed!
[root at bplinux90 sbin]#

Though, I'm able to login as root user MySQL database by supplying
configured password (mysql).

Pls tell if there is any other setting that I need to do to resolve this
issue.

Thanx in advance,
Anurag