[OpenSIPS-Users] how mediaproxy integrates with radius

Gabriel Bermudez elgabo81 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 21:04:00 CET 2009

Hello Dan,

Dan Pascu escribió:
> On Friday 30 January 2009, Gabriel Bermudez wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I was wondering how the radius accounting works in mediaproxy.  I
>> understand that it uses the radiusclient-ng library to send RADIUS
>> requests to the Freeradius server.  If the freeradius server has a
>> mysql backend and this backend structure is based on the cdrtool's
>> scripts; what information gets logged (what columns get inserted or
>> updated) on the database.  I can see that the /etc/freeradius/sql.conf
>> file calls several mysql procedures, I guess that
>> "accounting_stop_query" comes after "accounting_start_query"; does
>> "accounting_update_query" comes in between or after
>> "accounting_stop_query"?
>>

> It can come in between or after, depending on many factors. However the
> mediaproxy update query is made in such a way that it doesn't care about
> the order.

Thanks for your answer.  So "accounting_start_query" should be called
when a INVITE gets processed by opensips, "accounting_stop_query" when a
BYE gets proccesed by opensips (using the opensip's setflag function I
guess), and "accounting_update_query" gets called by mediaproxy when the
RTP flow stops.  The start and stop procedures set values on
AcctSessionTime column, does the update procedure does the same thing?
Thanks for your reply.