[OpenSIPS-Users] Talking to my own MySQL-table

Brett Nemeroff brett at nemeroff.com
Fri Jan 30 16:58:57 CET 2009

avp_db_store is to write avps back to the avp table.
You can do all SQL queries with the avp_db_query function. It's fantastic.

Just remember, SQL transactions take time and will affect your overall
performance. Some of the built in functions are more efficient in terms of
processing which include capabilities such as memory caching.

For example, you can do LCR lookups entirely with avp_db_query (I've done
this). But the LCR module in it's present revision caches everything. Which
on a larger scale, really makes all the difference. I've worked with a
number of different sized providers, nothing gigantic, but some doing
multiple DS3s of traffic, and avp_db_query hasn't been too slow to handle it
yet.

-Brett