[OpenSIPS-Users] Failed builing rev 5182

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Fri Jan 23 20:18:18 CET 2009

On Thursday 22 January 2009, Joan wrote:
> 2009/1/21 Dan Pascu <dan at ag-projects.com>:
> > On Tuesday 20 January 2009, Joan wrote:
> >> I am having problems when building opensips 1.5 rev 5182 on a ubuntu
> >> 8.04 On the 2009-01-15 build there was no problem on the same
> >> system, something might have been broken afterwards.
> >> I attach the build log
> >
> > You did a svn update in a tree which was modified by a debian build,
> > without first cleaning the debian build. You should know better.
>
> Compilation still was broken when I did the build from from a fresh
> checkout and of course I also tried removing the files altered for me
> after doing an "svn status" and watching wich ones they where.
> Oh, and isn't the directory cleaned at the first step when you're
> doing a make deb?

It is, but you seem not to be aware of the consequences of combining the 2
operations.

make deb   # applies patches and builds debian package
svn update # modified debian patches, while tree had them applied
make deb   # tries to clean the deb build first, which means it has to
           # de-apply the patches, but it fails as they are different
           # from the ones that were applied at the 1st step

--
Dan