[OpenSIPS-Users] Need help in configuring MediaProxy2

Ruud Klaver ruud at ag-projects.com
Mon Jan 5 12:06:52 CET 2009

On 19 Dec 2008, at 04:44, Juan Backson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am working on a configuration with both opensips and mediaproxy2
> in one box and B2BUA in another box.  If both SIP clients connecting
> to opensips are within NAT, then mediaproxy2 will proxy all the
> media.  If a SIP client needs to make a PSTN call and if the SIP
> client is within NAT, then mediaproxy will proxy the media between
> the B2BUA and SIP client.
>
> I managed to get mediaproxy2 installed, thanks to all the help I got
> from this list.  I also wrote a config.ini,but when I started ./
> media-relay or ./media-dispatcher, nothing happens.  How to I get
> these two processes to start?
>
> Also, could someone help me to understand when to use media-
> dispatcher or media-relay and how to set them up?  Where do I
> specify the IP and port for my B2BUAs?
>
> I can't find much doc on MediaProxy2, so I am pretty stuck right
> now.  If anyone can point me to a useful doc on how to get
> MediaProxy running with opensips, I would greatly appreciate it.
>
> I worked with the old MediaProxy version based on the doc I found
> from Google, but there seems to be relatively little info on how to
> get MediaProxy running?
>

> Thanks in advance for all your help.
>
> Best Regards,
> JB

Did you read the README, INSTALL and config.ini.sample files that are
included with Mediaproxy 2? There are big differences between
Mediaproxy 1 and 2, and to configure and use it, it is essential that
you grasp the concepts this software is based on. Please read it
before asking any followup questions.

Ruud Klaver,
AG Projects