[OpenSIPS-Users] Round-robin load balancing for certain resource types?

Bill W opensips at aastral.net
Mon Dec 28 20:24:24 CET 2009

Greetings everyone,

What is the best way to do "round robin load balancing with failover"
for certain resource (message) types?  Like REGISTER for example.

I am using opensips-1.6 in front of a cluster, so the only thing I
really need to keep track of are calls.  I don't want to keep track of
non-call-related traffic, but I still need to route all traffic only to
functioning cluster nodes.

Right now I have this set up as a workaround:
sip=200;register=99999999
Where 'sip' is the stuff I want to keep track of and 'register' is for
the stateless messages.  But eventually I'll need to clear the counters
for resource 'register'.

I tried "sip=200;register", but that didn't seem to work.

Thoughts?

Thanks!
Bill