[OpenSIPS-Users] Failed INVITE tcp_send to UDP UACs

opensipslist at encambio.com opensipslist at encambio.com
Tue Dec 22 11:50:58 CET 2009

Hello Bogdan,

An mar., déc 22, 2009, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu schrieb:
>opensipslist at encambio.com wrote:
>>> the t_relay() function does server location discovery via DNS (for
>>> domain voip.host.tld ).
>>>
>>> Based on NAPTR and SRV records, a TLS destination is chosen (this
>>> selection also depends on the RURI - like if a specific SIP schema
>>> is required, etc).
>>>
>>> So, your problem is why TLS was chosen or why TLS write failed ?
>>>
>> Your explanation sounds reasonable. The problem is that TLS writes
>> and sometimes even reads are failing. I wrote about the NAPTR and
>> SRV records, because I suspected that OpenSIPS was sending TCP
>> (unencrypted) commands to a TLS connection or vise versa.
>>
>I doubt it - you can check via tcpdump to see if traffic in
>encrypted or not.

A tcpdump is running right now, but I think you're right that
there is no mismatch. Maybe the dump will show something else.

>> You mentioned in another email that this could be NAT related and
>> I agree. It seems that you don't think there is some mismatch
>> between TCP and TLS, maybe involving the NAPTR and SRV records.
>>
>That is correct.

Okay then I'll forget about NAPTR and SRV and focus on debugging
NAT instead, thanks.

>> But this is maybe a clue. It would seem that something in TLS
>> writing has changed between these two versions, maybe fundementally?
>>
>1.3 was doing infinite loop (for write and read), leading sometime to
>blocking.

That was a painful part of 1.3, so good that the counter is there
now. I guess you're saying that the same TLS problems existed in
1.3 as well, but they were masked by retries (maybe thousands.)

Regards,
Brian