[OpenSIPS-Users] multiple Via headers separated by comma

Andrew Pogrebennyk andrew.pogrebennyk at portaone.com
Mon Dec 21 10:44:17 CET 2009

Josip Djuricic wrote:
> Transaction is not matched if request is sent with 2 or more multiline via
> headers and response is received with via header in one line separated by
> comma?

Josip,
This is absolutely legal if multiple values are combined in one line
separated by comma. Ccheck RFC 3261 for multiple header field values
combining.

Section 7.3.
    [H4.2] also specifies that multiple header fields of the same field
    name whose value is a comma-separated list can be combined into one
    header field.  That applies to SIP as well, but the specific rule is
    different because of the different grammars.  Specifically, any SIP
    header whose grammar is of the form

       header  =  "header-name" HCOLON header-value *(COMMA header-value)

    allows for combining header fields of the same name into a comma-
    separated list.  The Contact header field allows a comma-separated
    list unless the header field value is "*".

Response is matched to request using branch parameter from uppermost Via
header, so I don't know why RFC compliant implementation would have
problems with response matching when Via header is combined.

--
Sincerely,
Andrew Pogrebennyk