[OpenSIPS-Users] Problem with mi_fifo replies

opensipslist at encambio.com opensipslist at encambio.com
Thu Dec 10 11:20:16 CET 2009

Hello again,

On thur., dec 10, 2009, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:
>Does opensipsctl through some error ? because I see opensips receives
>the command (via command FIFO), but it is not able to reply back because
>the reply fifo does not exists. The reply fifo is created by the
>application that fires the request, the opensipsctl in this case. So,
>either opensipsctl does not properly create the reply fifo, either it is
>created with wrong permissions (like if you run opensipsctl as root, the
>reply fifo will be created with root ownership and opensips, running as
>osuser, may not have permissions to write into the reply fifo.
>So, if there are no error, try to run opensipsctl as user osuser also.

What exactly does 'MI_CONNECTOR' do, is the following config correct?

  # config file opensipsctlrc:
  CTLENGINE=FIFO
  OSIPS_FIFO=/pfx/var/opensips/opensips.fifo
  OSER_FIRET=/pfx/var/opensips
  MI_CONNECTOR=FIFO:/pfx/var/opensips/opensips.fifo

...and should it be the same in osipsconsolrc?

I think some of these config items through the cracks as OpenSER forked.
For example, 'OSER_FIRET' is nowhere to be found in the configs of
the current 1.6.0 distro, although it is used in the script files.

Brian