[OpenSIPS-Users] how to identify a children process

Italo Dacosta idacosta at gatech.edu
Tue Dec 8 15:11:45 CET 2009

Hello,

I would like to know if there is a way to identify a children process in
 the code. I know I could use something like getpid() to uniquely
identify the process in the code but I was wondering if there is already
a variable storing such information that I could use for that purpose.

Also, I have notice that each children process establishes a connection
to the database when using digest authentication. When doing queries to
the database, each children process use a different connection variable
to talk to the database, or they use the same one?
If each children process use a different connection variable, how does
it know what connection variable to use?

Thanks,
ID