[OpenSIPS-Users] Restricting caller id

Jeff Pyle jpyle at fidelityvoice.com
Fri Dec 4 21:11:24 CET 2009

Dan,

I use a scripting flag to indicate when a call is supposed to have CID
blocking enabled.  I have some scripting in the early part of the call
processing that looks for factors that indicate blocked caller ID, like
values of a Privacy header, part of the RPID header, a *67 prefix on the
call, etc.  If I find any of those I set the flag.  I check for the flag on
a branch route on the way out, and if it¹s set, I make sure I apply the
proper indications, including obfuscating the From header with
uac_replace_from().  By doing that at the end I ensure I don¹t run more than
one uac_replace_from() per transaction (which is a no-no).  By having it in
the branch route I can indicate privacy in different ways depending on where
I¹m sending it, in the case of serial/failover forking.

Does that make sense?

- Jeff