[OpenSIPS-Users] [OpenXCAP] about 'watchers' application

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Wed Dec 2 15:07:03 CET 2009

From http://openxcap.org:

  Watchers (auid = watchers, proprietary application). This application
            returns the list of watchers from OpenSIPS presence agent.

I suggest to follow the RFC 4825 guidelines when creating a propietary XCAP
application:

   AUID             =  global-a-uid / vendor-a-uid
   global-a-uid     =  a-uid
   a-uid            =  1*a-uid-char
   vendor-a-uid     =  rev-hostname "." a-uid
   rev-hostname     =  toplabel *( "." domainlabel  )
   domainlabel      =  alphanum
                       / alphanum *( alphanum / "-" ) alphanum
   toplabel         =  ALPHA / ALPHA *( alphanum / "-" ) alphanum
   a-uid-char       =  a-uid-unreserved / pct-encoded / sub-delims
                       / ":" / "@"
                                  ;pct-encoded from RFC 3986
                                  ;sub-delims from RFC 3986
   alphanum         = ALPHA / DIGIT
                                  ;DIGIT from RFC 4234
                                  ;ALPHA from RFC 4234
   a-uid-unreserved = ALPHA / DIGIT / "-" / "_" / "~"

So, instead of "watchers" (which seems a IETF named auid) I suggest to use
"org.openxcap.watchers" or "com.ag-projects.watchers".

Also, any XCAP application requires a namespace (i.e: "http://ag-
projects.com/xcap/watcherinfo"), and mime-type. I suggest to document them and
also the exact format of the XML document (XML schema and so...).

By documenting it, it would leave being a "privative" (not just "propietary")
application and would become a "open" application, which is worse than
"standard" but better than "privative" ;)

Just a suggestion. Regards.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc at aliax.net>