[OpenSIPS-Users] OpenSIPS as a honeypot?

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Mon Aug 24 12:29:05 CEST 2009

Hi,

Not all the time, depending on the configuration - in some performance
and profiling tests we are using both SIPP and OpenSIPS to
test....OpenSIPS :). I found out that it is simpler and more efficient
to use an OpenSIPS on the UAS side, rather than SIPP.

So instead of :

    SIPP (UAC)   -----> OpenSIPS (proxy)    -------- > SIPP (UAS)

you can also do:

    SIPP (UAC)   -----> OpenSIPS (proxy)    -------- > OpenSIPS (UAS)

and getting the same call flow.

Of course, this works only if you are interested in signalling part and
not in media too.