[OpenSIPS-Users] mailing list reply-to : list or sender

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Thu Aug 13 10:24:14 CEST 2009

Hi,

First I do thanks for your time in posting your opinions and comments on
this topic. I went through the entire thread to read and weight all the
posts. I also spent some time to investigate how this works for other
projects.

I decided to switch the lists to "reply to list" for several reasons:

    1) there is a strong point when comes to forcing discussions on the
list - all the topics going on here are for interest to all people and
we should not encourage or facilitate the "let's go private" approach

    2) most of the people did expressed (on list or off list) they
support for this option

    3) seams to be the most common option for many other projects.

    4) expect the special cases (when you explicitly want to privately
reply to someone), the change will not alter the behaviour of the list

I do not want to start the discussion again, I know there are people not
happy with this, but let's see the overall benefit.

Thanks and regards,
Bogdan