[OpenSIPS-Users] Opensips and/or Asterisk 1.4 with directrtpsetup=yes

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Mon Aug 10 19:03:59 CEST 2009

10 aug 2009 kl. 18.31 skrev Ricardo Martins:

> Hi all! I found some performance reports about asterisk handling a 250
> calls per second limit with a 2.8GHz processor what makes it quite
> bigger than transnexus reports for openser performance (60 calls per
> second per GHz).
>
> Did opensips make this limit even high, like handling 100 or 200 cals
> per second on each GHz of processor power?
>
> In a strict sip proxy scenario, there is any good advantage to use
> opensips instead of asterisk with directrtpsetup=yes statement on?

Just an observation. The "Directrtpsetup" option is highly
experimental and can cause issues when you have more than one codec in
your call path through Asterisk. If you only have one well known codec
in your call path, then everything is fine. The difference is that
without directrtpsetup asterisk will re-invite the audio, which from a
user perspective is the same thing.

/O