[OpenSIPS-Users] mailing list reply-to : list or sender

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Thu Aug 6 11:05:01 CEST 2009

On Wednesday 05 August 2009, Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana wrote:
> On Wednesday 05 August 2009 17:09:56 Dan Pascu wrote:
> > >
> > > I don't know any mail client that when you hit "reply all", don't send
> > > the reply to ALL, including list and poster, at least all common MUA
> > > does it that way.
> >
> > Indeed. And how does that apply to what Brett (and everybody else
> > advocating "Poster") said, that he wants to reply to the poster alone?
>
> I don't know if I undestood you question ...

Well, let me rephrase it, even though 3 people expressed it already.

I want to be able to reply both to the poster only as well as to the list.
With "Poster" I use "Reply" to send to the poster alone and "Reply all" for
the list (and poster, but that's irrelevant as the list makes sure the poster
only receives one copy anyway).

With "The List", if I use "Reply" it'll go to the list, while if I use "Reply
all", it will go to both the list and the poster. There is no option to send
to the poster alone, unless I manually delete/copy/paste email addresses.

> Nowadays if you use "Reply", you will reply only to the poster.

Which is exactly the intention.

--
Dan