[OpenSIPS-Users] load balance module routing

Ben Dinnerville ben at voicelogic.com.au
Thu Aug 6 01:48:02 CEST 2009

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:

> you do the resource detection in the script, based on whatever
> information you have there.
>

> I suggest to use the dialplan module - use rules (in DB) to detect (per
> DID) what resources to be used. Than, in the script you just have to
> trigger LB according to the resources returned by the dialplan modules.
>
> Regards,
> Bogdan

Thanks for the prompt response Bogdan, I will have a play around with
that and am sure I will get something working.

As something for the future / feature request, could I suggest something
along the lines of the extra table that is used for the LCR module.

IE, at present with load balance there is the load_balancer table that
stores destination information (mapping destinations to resources) which
is similar in function to the gw table for lcr. Lcr also has the "lcr"
table that maps a prefix / request uri to a gateway - adding a table
similar to this to map request uri to resources to the load balance
module would make routing a lot more manageable.

Something along the lines of :

id
request_uri
grp_id
resources
priority

so there would then be 2 tables for the load balance module similar to lcr.

Anyway, just a suggestion, thanks for again for the prompt response and
the great work!

Cheers,

Ben