[OpenSIPS-Users] Contact header

Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana rabs at dimension-virtual.com
Tue Aug 4 19:40:28 CEST 2009

On Tuesday 04 August 2009 13:03:02 Jeff Pyle wrote:
> Raul, perhaps I can explain from the perspective of someone who may benefit
> from such misplaced features.

> "Better" is in the eye of the beholder.  Or, perhaps in these cases, in the
> eye of the implementer.  If topology hiding is the only B2BUA-style feature
> I need and all my other requirements are satisfied by a proxy like
> Opensips, why would I re-engineer my whole system on a different platform?

Maybe because "hidding" module of OpenSIPS is based on a broken dialog
module ? ... that's a good reason for me.

> The good news is many if not all of these features have an "off" switch for
> the uninterested parties to throw.  It's not often that everyone wins.

I know, maybe someday in a near (or not so near) future, I could use some of
that fancy features, by now I prefer to have a SIP-Proxy+Registrar+Presence
on Kamailio (sorry I don't use OpenSIPS) and B2BUA features on Callweaver
GW's

--
Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana
Dimensión Virtual