[OpenSIPS-Users] Memory Issue

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Tue Aug 4 14:11:43 CEST 2009

Hi Dovid,

OpenSIPS allocates the mem pool (the 268 M) at startup and after that it
will not request more mem from OS - this is way the traditional ways to
inspect mem usages (like "top") does not work.

To inspect the memory usage (inside the pool), use statistics support:
    opensipsctl get_statistics shmem:
or
    opensipsctl get_statistics used_size

the used_size variable gives you the amount of memory that is currently
allocated and you can check it against the total_size or to monitor if
its value keeps increasing (an indication of a leak).

You can use OpenSIPS control Panel tool to get charts for these
statistics: http://opensips-cp.sourceforge.net/htmldoc/smonitor.html