[OpenSIPS-Users] opensips-cp CDR correlation

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Thu Apr 30 21:16:54 CEST 2009

On Thursday 30 April 2009, Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
> > 2. It needs a specialized B2BUA box with custom logic.
>
> Why couldn't it be integrated in the same proxy box? or why couldn't
> it replace the proxy?

It could. But can it support the same load as the proxy, so it can be used
as a replacement? Also does it load the system so little that it can be
put on the same machine? I don't have a B2BUA, so I cannot say.

> > 3. The accounting precision is lower (it can have error margins of
> > 15-30-60 seconds). The higher the precision requirements, the more
extra
> > signaling traffic it will generate.
>
> Sorry, but AFAIK the "RTP-loss" detection also requires some margin (a
> media-proxy doesn't terminate a RTP session inmediatelly, usually it's
> configured to wait for X seconds, am I wrong?).

Actually you are wrong. The expiration time of the media relay is always
constant and starts from the moment the last RTP packet is received. That
means that by knowing the whole duration and the duration of this
expiration period (which is as I said always the same), you can subtract
it and get the real time down to the second.

The session timer however has an error margin up to the timer duration,
because you do not know when in the timer interval did the call actually
stop.

--
Dan