[OpenSIPS-Users] opensips-cp CDR correlation

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Thu Apr 30 17:29:23 CEST 2009

2009/4/30 Dan Pascu <dan at ag-projects.com>:
> Continuing to debate this in pointless. I already showed you that a
> solution based on a media relay can be made as cheap as the B2BUA based
> solution that you promote, while being much more accurate.

1 media-proxy   =>      100 RTP sessions (100 calls)
X media-proxy   =>     2000 RTP sessions (2000 calls)

so X is 20  =>   20 servers (cheap?)

1 B2BUA     =>         1000 SIP sessions (1000 calls)
X B2BUA     =>         2000 SIP sessions (2000 calls)

so X is 2  =>   2 servers (cheap!)

> If you do not want to use it, that's fine. You can continue your quest for
> finding one.

Yes, that's right, I'm speaking about theory while you are speaking
about a real and working implementation.

> But you should stop making unsubstantiated claims about the
> media relay based solutions and give the other users a real chance to
> evaluate the benefits and drawbacks of these solutions by themselves.

Aren't you already giving users your good opinion about media-relaying
usage? Why should I say the same? (also I'm not saying the opposite,
just talking about other solutions).

Also, when I mean "media-proxy" I don't mean MediaProxy (sorry, too
much generic name XD) so I'm not speaking about you solution (AG) that
I *do* know is really good (except a mysterious issue I suffered with
MediaProxy-v1 which forced me not to use it in production as you
already know, but sure it's fixed in MediaProxy-v2).

PD: To make you happy:
Readers: media relaying solution is a very good choice since it does
work in real world and provides accourate accounting, there are other
ways to do the same but they lack of real and tested implementations.
:)

Best regards.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo