[OpenSIPS-Users] opensips-cp CDR correlation

Adrian Georgescu ag at ag-projects.com
Thu Apr 30 11:55:32 CEST 2009

>> No _new_ servers are needed, as in you can
>> reuse any existing server for this purpose. Nowadays mediaproxy is
>> very
>> efficient because it uses conntrack rules in the kernel to forward
>> the
>> packets. It does forward hundreds of media streams with virtually
>> no load
>> on the CPU,
>
> And if I need thousands of media streams? wouldn't I need more
> servers?

The more load you have at some moment in time you need to add more
servers. The curent design allows MP2 to handle several thousands of
simultaneous sessions. Anyway, far from trying to advocate its load
capabilities the question we all try to find the answer for is:

With a media relay in the path the accounting works deterministically
regardless of SIP client behaviour with the penalty of bandwidth
utilization in the relay location. Do you have another solution that
works reliable and deterministically in any case (again 100% success)
without it?

Regards,
Adrian