[OpenSIPS-Users] opensips-cp CDR correlation

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Thu Apr 30 10:13:14 CEST 2009

2009/4/30 Dan Pascu <dan at ag-projects.com>:
> I'm sure there is this kind (and unfortunately not in short supply), but
> you do realize that if some employee has a expertise to hack a SIP device
> to send abnormal BYE requests that attempt to fake the closing of the SIP
> session while preventing the media from closing, he also has the much
> simpler expertise to use skype or an un-hacked SIP device with a public,
> free, unaccounted SIP service. That boss cannot win this fight, though I
> have a feeling he is not willing to listen to reason.
>
> To be honest, I do not think there is an enforceable solution for such a
> case. No matter if you use session timers, or even if you use a media
> relay, the employees can always chose to use skype or another means to
> communicate which goes around the system completely.

Yes, I agree on it. However I just wanted to mean that using a
media-proxy is not the best solution for all the cases, specially when
clients are behind same NAT (an office for example) and the PBX/Proxy
is hosted in some datacenter.
Also, for calls to a gateway in our same datacenter, forcing the RTP
through a media-proxy is not the only solution. Using SessionTimers
(so a B2BUA is required and not just a proxy) is also a good solution
(and cheaper since no servers are needed for relaying the media).

Just my opinion. Regards.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc at aliax.net>