[OpenSIPS-Users] [Request for Brain[storming]] New types of routes in config

Brett Nemeroff brett at nemeroff.com
Tue Apr 28 19:49:53 CEST 2009

>>  have you tried the mysql procedure used by opensips-cp for creating CDR?
> the CP is consuming the ACC data to create CDRs in a different table via a
> mysql procedure that is triggered by cron. So far even with large CDR
> volume, I got good results with this.
>
> But making opensips to directly generate CDRs is complicated as in many
> case you do not have a dialog info, so you never know if a START is already
> there or not (in order to do an UPDATE or INSERT for BYE).

I haven't looked at the opensips-cp method for doing that.. I'll have to do
that right away. :) Sure, I understand there are issues with doing it
natively, but thought I'd bring it up. I understand architecturally it isn't
the best mechanism.

>>  I have nothing against borrowing ideas, as time as they are useful and
> applicable. I found really interesting the idea of "families" or "classes"
> for memcache support  and it shouldn't be too difficult to use. We can keep
> the current format for the functions for a default "Generic" class and
> create a new set of functions to take an extra one parameter, the name of
> the class.

I think the memcache API has a "namespace" param that may be a simple 1:1
drop in for this.Of course, the family should be a string, avp, or pv,
right? :) Hey, should I document this on the feature request tracker?

Thanks!
-Brett