[OpenSIPS-Users] Removing a VIA line required by Telco.

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Mon Apr 20 22:22:06 CEST 2009

El Lunes, 20 de Abril de 2009, Jeff Pyle escribió:

> Iñaki's right.  You need to find a new telco.  The fact they don't permit
> proxies illustrates they really don't understand what they're getting into
> with SIP, and sooner or later you're going to encounter something they
> can't fix.  Or, if they do know what they're doing

Under my experience with a few carriers, they seem to be mostly legacy telcos
entering in SIP world with no enouch knowledge. In my opinion, carrier
employees with long expertise in SS7 and so, are "forced" to learn SIP in a
very short period of time. This is just because the carrier has bought some
SIP softswitch to a big vendor, and wants to use it to offer IP connectivity
for clients.

As a result, we get a telco with no real knowledge in SIP. Any report from
clients are directly forwarded to the vendor (they have nothing to do with a
well reported issue about SIP).

Basically the carrier has a black box and doesn't understand it. It the black
box fails, then the clients have a big problem. This is, at least, my
experience with "cool" carriers offering SIP.

Regards.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc at aliax.net>