[OpenSIPS-Users] OpenSIPS does not reuse existingTLS-connections on outbound requests

Franz Edler franz-edler at aon.at
Sun Apr 19 06:51:01 CEST 2009

Hi Bogdan and all,

> I will post the issue at the eyebeam support forum.

After many struggles I now come back to the OpenSIPS mailing list, because I
think now that it is a problem of OpenSIPS and not that of the SIP clients.

The problem is, that the clients use an ephemeral port for outgoing TCP
connections which is (as far as I have seen always) different from the port
they advertise for incoming connections. The problem for the inbound proxy
is to setup a separate TCP connection in this case. I did not have a NAT
environment; therefore the existing connection has not been re-used.

The problem gets obviously an additional complexity as in case of TLS a
separate TLS connection has to be setup (now in the reverse direction).
OpenSIPS in this case has problems to setup this second TLS connection
showing:
	ERROR:core:tls_blocking_write: too many retries with no operation
	ERROR:core:tcp_send: failed to send
	ERROR:tm:msg_send: tcp_send failed
	ERROR:tm:t_forward_nonack: sending request failed

I think now, that this is still an open issue in the implementation.

regards
Franz