[OpenSIPS-Users] Mediaproxy bridge mode

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Tue Sep 30 14:04:45 CEST 2008

On Tuesday 30 September 2008, jnod wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I want to run media-relay in "bridge" mode. Is it possible ?

No. There is no automatic way to detect which interface to use when in
bridge mode, unless explicitly requested from the opensips config script
and there is no way to do that with mediaproxy.

> For now, if i use only one interfaces everything works fine but i would
> be able to listen on two different interfaces.
> relay_ip from config.ini does not help me because it accept only single
> ip.

I do not know what exactly are you trying to do, but if you goal is to
connect between a private and a public network, there are easier ways.
You can just add a route for the mediaproxy public IP on the private
network to the private IP of the mediaproxy box and use the public IP
only. At least on linux, if a packet is received over the private
interface for the public IP it will be accepted.

--
Dan