[OpenSIPS-Users] Problem in sending outbound SIP messages via TLS

Tue Sep 2 21:12:57 CEST 2008

Hi!

One point. It might work that in this scenario the SIP proxy can
establish a TCP/TLS connection to the eyebeam client. Except if you have
a setup were there is never a FW or NAT device between the client and
the proxy, this will not work - FW/NAT will break TCP/TLS connection
setup from proxy to the client.

Of course it would be interesting what cause your problem - but I would
avoid it in first place by keep the TCP/TLS connection open. The
connection will be established by the client during REGISTER and should
be kept open. Thus, if like in your case the SIP proxy opens a new
connection, this might have 2 reasons:

1. There is still a connection open but the sip proxy does not use it
and opens a new one. This might happen if the address announced in the
Contact header of the REGISTER does not match the source IP:port of the
TCP/TLS connection. This can be fixed by applying NAT traversal:
fix_nated_register() during REGISTER processing

2. The TCP connection is closed. I never have seen eyebeam/xlite closing
the connection, thus I suspect that your proxy closes the connection.
You can configure the timeout with the tcp_connection_lifetime - makes
this bigger than the reregistration intervall should help. But, the more
elegant solution is using to tcp_persistent_flag parameter of the
registrar module (sets the lifetime to the expire value of the
registration).

regards
klaus