[OpenSIPS-Users] db_mysql:db_mysql_submit_query: driver error on query: Commands out of sync; you can't run this command now

David Loh david.loh at vyke.com
Tue Sep 2 10:12:13 CEST 2008

Hi Guys,

Ever since OpenSIPS 1.4.0 onward, I've encountered this problem in very
regular manner. I've updated to lastest 1.4.2 but this problems still
persist.

If I recalled correctly, previously there's several mails highlighted
this problem, and some of us actually suggested add a LM_DBG to the .c
file and recompile, so that we could get the SQL statement, I've tried
with earlier (1.4.1) and it does show some normal SQL, doesn't cause any
problem if I entered it on MySQL console/command prompt, but whenever
these SQL send through OpenSIPS (db_mysql or db), it always gave error
"command out of sync", sometimes even occurred during authentication in
REGISTER. Tried to patch the .c code in 1.4.2 but it doesn't show the
exact SQL so can't paste it out, I guess all I can do is provide error log.
Sep  2 15:08:17 DvidRnD /sbin/opensips[6457]:
ERROR:db_mysql:db_mysql_submit_query: driver error on query: Commands
out of sync; you can't run this command now
Sep  2 15:08:17 DvidRnD /sbin/opensips[6457]: ERROR:core:db_do_query:
error while submitting query
Sep  2 15:08:17 DvidRnD /sbin/opensips[6457]:
ERROR:rls:get_resource_list: while querying table xcap for
[uri]=sip:david at MY_IP
Sep  2 15:08:17 DvidRnD /sbin/opensips[6457]:
ERROR:rls:rls_handle_subscribe: while attepmting to get a resource list
Sep  2 15:08:17 DvidRnD /sbin/opensips[6457]:
ERROR:rls:rls_handle_subscribe: occured in rls_handle_subscribe

Is anyone come across this, and with a fix for it? Appreciate if any of
you can share the solution, thanks in advance.

Regards,
David Loh